A regular (daily, weekly, monthly) specialty serving of significant
or insignificant musings from the mind of an Italian Pastor.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Thoughts for the day...

I read the book of Philemon this morning. It is the 3rd shortest book in the NT. It is a letter written by Paul to a wealthy Colossian man who hosted a church in his home. The verses that stuck out to me are verses 4-5 which say, "I thank my God always when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints..."

Is that what Paul would write about us? Do we have such faith that people thank God for us? Do we have such love that people thank God for us? Is the world a better place because we are here?

I am humbled by the people who have gone before. May we live up to the standard that was set by the saints of old!

No comments:

Post a Comment