A regular (daily, weekly, monthly) specialty serving of significant
or insignificant musings from the mind of an Italian Pastor.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

7 Reasons Why I Believe in a Pre-Trib Rapture!

1. Because Paul is a Pre-tribber! Don't believe me? Just wait!

2. Because I want to be a pre-tribber!
Who really wants to be a post-tribber? I have heard many people say, “I am willing to suffer for my Lord!" I am willing too. But willing and want to are two different things! I would rather be willing to suffer AND be raptured!

3. If I’m wrong I have time to change my mind!
If post-tribbers are wrong they will be shocked out of their socks if you know what I mean! If I am wrong, I will change my mind :-)

4. Jesus’ coming is to be a surprise!
1 Thess. 5:1-3, Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Matthew 24:40-42, Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

I will grant you that the first passage is talking about the "Day of the Lord" and not the rapture. However, the day of the Lord comes when there is peace, a peace brought about by the Antichrist. Then the "Day of the Lord," the 3 1/2 years of judgment comes raining down upon his head. I really can't see Jesus' description of the rapture in Matt. 24 working well if bowls of God's Wrath are being poured out can you? Not to mention the fact that if we were in the middle of the wrath of God being poured out, Jesus' coming wouldn't be a surprise as described in Matt. 24. We would have a specific time-line to work from. That doesn't jive with how Jesus describes His coming to gather his people to Him.

5. Jesus took God’s wrath for us
1 Thess. 1:9-10 – They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.

Rev. 3:10 - Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth.

The word “from” is from the Greek word “ek” which means “out of.”

1 Thess. 5:9-10 - For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him.

If Jesus took our place on the cross, and took God's wrath on our behalf, why would some believers still have to endure it?

6. The rapture is to be a source of encouragement
1 Thess. 5:11 - Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

This passage is in the context of the rapture and the Day of the Lord. Why would we encourage each other if with the idea that we will suffer 3 1/2 years of God's wrath being poured out on us?

7. The rapture is essential to the rise of the Antichrist
2 Thess. 2:5-7 - Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way.

What or who has the power to hold back Satan? God is the only being I know of that has that sort of power. How is God in the world today? Through the Holy Spirit. How is the Holy Spirit dwelling in the world today? In the lives of believers. What has to be removed before the Antichrist comes? The Holy Spirit dwelling in the lives of believers!

No comments:

Post a Comment