A regular (daily, weekly, monthly) specialty serving of significant
or insignificant musings from the mind of an Italian Pastor.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Busyness....

Why is the mark of a good Christian that they are "busy"? I've noticed that we tend to pack our schedules with all these things we "need" to do that we really don't "need" to do. Then we proudly proclaim, when someone asks us how we are doing, "I am so busy!" We seem to think that makes us more worthy than someone who is relaxed.

Why then in Scripture does God make such a point out of rest? God rested after creating the earth. Jesus often left the crowds to go rest. If rest is good enough for God why isn't it good enough for us?

The reason this is on my mind is that I just realized how I haven't updated my blog in a long time. I was about to post how it was because of how busy I am! Maybe I should try and be more like Christ in my scheduling!

1 comment: