A regular (daily, weekly, monthly) specialty serving of significant
or insignificant musings from the mind of an Italian Pastor.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Little Love Goes a Long Way!

Our Alaska Mission Team decided to pool their resources and support someone who is in need. We selected a young single mother in our church who is juggling going to school, raising a young daughter, worrying about child support issues and relying on insufficient financial aid.

Each student and adult donated $10.00 of their own money, even while trying to raise $1,200 for the missions trip. Because of that, we were able to give this struggling family a $150.00 gift card to Safeway and $150.00 gift card to Walmart. She was blown away by the gift. The next week she gave me a card that I would like to share with you.

The Card's message is: With Many Thanks - We can see God's love at work in the warmth of helping hands. In the comfort that a gentle word imparts, in the thoughtfulness that offers cheer, in love that understands...we can see God's love at work in caring hearts. God bless you for being so kind - it meant even more than you know.

She wrote in the card this message: I just wanted to tell you thank you so much for the gift cards that you gave me last week. My daughter's b-day is on June 20th and I've been stressed about being able to give her a party or presents. I have been struggling because I took 6 classes this term and financial aid didn't cover it all. This was really appreciated and perfect timing. I am very thankful! You guys are awesome!

$10.00 maybe didn't seem like a lot to give. However, when the body of Christ works together, God is able to touch lives in an amazing way!

No comments:

Post a Comment